Subject: NGN and IP/MPLS security

From: "Nihao from Dai Fuxiang!"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:01:44 +0000

It is my first time in IETF working group and i am 
interested in this topic :
"However, to encourage the deployment of MPLS based 
networks, and to deal with more advanced IP features in a 
timely manner, there is a crucial need to enhance the 
functional capabilities of IP/MPLS based networks which 
have been addressed in ITU-T and IETF."

And would like to know if IP/MPLS is a good SECURITY 
choice where we cannot use IPSec? 
I am interested in highly Secured NGN use IPVPN/MPLS for 
developping countries.

--------------------
Christophe Tavernier
IT/Telecom Consultant
Business NT
--------------
Profitez de l'offre spéciale Tiscali Liberty Surf !
50% de temps en plus pendant 3 mois sur tous les forfaits Internet.

http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3

---

From: "Shaw, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:34:29 +0100

> I am interested in highly Secured NGN use IPVPN/MPLS for 

Well, the quoted text appears to be from Question 11/23 
of ITU-T Study Group 13 (see page 22 of 
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com13/questions-sg13.pdf).

I can only make a reference vis-à-vis ITU work where there is
a lot of MPLS activity going on... If I recall, there is 
a review of security function issues in Y.1311.1 - see 

http://www.itu.int/rec/recommendation.asp?lang=e&type=products&parent=T-REC-Y

[Note: info on downloading 3 free recommendations is at 
http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html#free]

there is probably some newer stuff that came out of their 
very recent meeting - perhaps contact SG13's counsellor
(George Sebek at [email-masked]).

Bob