Subject: Vernon Schryver

From: Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:09:51 -0500

My name is Michael Allen Gelman.  I am the inventor of the 3rd level domain 
redirector and a one-time submitter of a proposal to the 
IETF.  (draft-gelman-phone2web-00.txt)

I feel it is important that I give you a 'heads up' on Vernon Schryver 
([email-masked])

This individual has been harassing me and one of my clients, has placed out 
domains on a black list of spam organizations, and has threatened to 
publish a private email message I had sent to him.

Why, you ask?  Merely because I sold a domain to an ISP who's customer sent 
an email that Vernon Schryver perceived to be spam.

Whether the sender of the email is a spammer is in question to begin with, 
but this man has published the ISP's domain and my domain on a list:
   http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/spammers.html

Neither ontheInter.net nor aschwebhosting.com are spammers.  I don't 
believe that being on this list will injure me or my domain client, but I 
thought you should know about Vernon Schryver.  This man is either a bully 
and a troublemaker or I caught him on his worst day.

I had explained to him that I resell domains to ISPs, and that's the extent 
of my involvement in what he called spam.  His reply was a threat to 
publish my private email.  I doubt he would list Network Solutions as a 
spammer, but it's easy to pick on a small company.  Naturally, I don't ever 
spam.

Please bear this in mind if considering implementing any of his 
software.  (http://www.rhyolite.com)

I would hate to see this individual be able to actually cause serious 
problems for innocent people, such as myself.

Have a great day!
  - Michael Allen Gelman

         -------------------------------------------------
         Get the domain:  YourName.ontheInter.net for FREE
              Get the domain:  YourName.com only $19
                      http://ontheInter.net

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:35:54 +0000 (GMT)

You know, my first thought when I saw the title of this email
was 'first Postel, then overworked ADs begin dropping like flies...'

Thankfully, that's not the case.

http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/spammers.html
  "The breadth of this list should convince any sane person that this
   list cannot be used anywhere except at Rhyolite Software and might
   reasonably show it should not be used here."

Seems pretty clear to me.

L.

so who invented the second-level domain redirector, then?

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Michael Allen Gelman wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:09:51 -0500
> From: Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Vernon Schryver
>

---

From: Paul Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:42:26 +0000

On Feb 27, Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Neither ontheInter.net nor aschwebhosting.com are spammers.

Given that statement, and the general subject of your mail, I find your sig, 
included below, to be particularly ironic.

Ok, I will buy the domain 'yourname.com' off you for $19. However, I think 
these guys might have something to say about it:

Registrant:
 ABA.net Internet Services
 Apt 313
 15 Albert Avenue
 Broadbeach
 Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4218
 AU
 
 Domain Name: YOURNAME.COM

-- 
Paul Robinson

---

From: Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:58:52 -0500

I'm missing the irony.  Your choice of words implies that you can not or do 
not distinguish between legitimate business and spammers.  I hope I have 
merely misunderstood you.

Have a great day!
  - Michael Allen Gelman

---

From: Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:13:07 -0500

When I wrote to the IETF, it was to have a "voice," in the event that 
Vernon Schryver has some input with regard to how things are done in the 
future.  It certainly would be a huge injustice if this individual causes 
problems for small business operators for no valid reason.  I had no idea 
my mail would become public, since I don't spend a lot of time on the 
Web.  I have never subscribed to your mailing list.

IETF did the same thing old Vernon did -- publicly post a private 
email.  You *know* what is wrong with that.  Out the other sides of your 
asses you tell people about "Netiquette," don't you.  Dweebs!

I am really amused.

I am really surprised at how juvenile and hateful some of you are.  I have 
rec'd messages from about a dozen of you, calling me names and hurling 
false accusations at me.  When I reply, my mail is returned.

Several of you are "grasping at straws" to try to find some wrong doing 
that I have done.  The fact is that I am a small business owner with high 
moral standards of honesty and treatment of my fellow human beings.  I 
don't spam and I don't aid spammers.  I don't speculate on domain 
names.  My services have strict anti-abuse policies that, in one case, 
carries a monetary penalty.  I cancel some accounts on the first complaint.

Go ahead and write to me using acronyms you know I won't understand.  Hell, 
one guy doesn't even know the meaning of "ironic."  Listening to Alanis 
Morisette music?  She doesn't understand that word, either.  If you can't 
understand in English, so be it.

The fact is that you folks are losers and you're not too bright.  I don't 
care how good you are at writing code and doing math -- you're 
losers.  Y'all crack me up.

I have a nice house, lots of money, a hot girlfriend, and I enjoy it all 
immensely.  I also have the ability to imagine and create new things.  Go 
ahead and hate me -- I can't say I blame you.

I'm having sex with a beautiful woman and making money while not hurting 
anyone in any way.  Have fun masturbating and writing abusive mail to a man 
who would teach you some respect, but as you know, can't reach you right now.

- Mike

someone wrote:
>are you claiming that domain speculation is a legitimate business?
>or for that matter, that NetSol is a legitimate business?
>
>as far as I'm concerned, they're both lower on the food chain than spammers.

---

From: Matt Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:52:08 -0600

Don't feed the troll.  If he'll believe that gravity is an illusion
caused by neutrinos pushing in from space

( http://amoureternal.com/oti/gravity/page1.htm )

he'll believe anything.  Anything, that is, except the voice of
reason.  Which as *we* all know, is seldom found OnTheInterNet.

(Just wait 'til the paper bag rips -- he'll be in for a shock!)

---

From: Mark Durham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:01:18 -0800

> IETF did the same thing old Vernon did -- publicly post a private email.

You sent your "private email" to a public list, not exactly the height of
discretion. At least you know we won't sell your address to the DMA.

    Registrant:
    Amour Eternal

Hence the, um, "juvenile" preoccupation with the "hot girlfriend," who is
presumably flattered to be included in our little discussion.

    37 Marlowe Drive
    Asheville, NC 28801

Hence the "y'all."

> The fact is that you folks are losers and you're not too bright.

Point taken. We *are* in counseling for the loser thing. And of course the smart
drugs should kick in before too long.

> Go ahead and write to me using acronyms you know I won't understand.

RTMF, for instance?

> Have fun masturbating

Is there any other way?

> and writing abusive mail to a man

You stay out of my Inbox and I'll stay out of yours.

> who would teach you some respect

Damn! Respect, irony ... is there *anything* you don't know?