Subject: Dead Company Day @ IETF

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 08:22:12 -0400

Most (all?) of us at IETF have had affiliations with companies that are
now defunct, ranging from working for them to simply accepting their
T-shirts at a conference.

In a spirit of fun, I'd like to suggest that on Monday of the Yokohama
IETF you find some piece of attire (hat, shirt, shoes, socks, nightshirt,
temporary tattoo, whatever) with a dead company's logo or slogan on it and
wear it.

As an incentive, I'll round up a couple of judges and at the hotel
bar at the start of the dinner break on Monday we'll give out a few
informal prizes (free beers) to some of the most notable pieces of
attire.  By notable, I mean almost anything ranging from ironic
(e.g., if you come from the company most blamed for @Home's
demise and wear an @Home shirt), obscure (e.g., an expensive golf
shirt from a dead company no one's heard of), to just fun (e.g.,
a paper-mache hat made of worthless stock certificates).

See you in Yokohama!

Craig

E-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]

---

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:03:22 -0700 (PDT)

Craig,

Can I respectfully ask that you pick a day OTHER than Monday for this
activity, given that the following has been scheduled for several months
already:

http://www.yikes.com/~ole/store/poster.html

The IETF social, is onsite this year, that's on TUESDAY night, so maybe
you could do it then instead?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Office of the CTO, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972
GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

---

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:07:57 -0400

Hi Ole:

Oops!  Didn't mean to step on your event  -- somehow I'd seen a note
suggesting your events were both on Sunday.

Let's wait and see the WG schedule and then determine the best day for
dead company day (I picked Monday evening as one where I knew I'd be at
IETF that evening due to pre-scheduled events).

Thanks!

Craig

PS: This is assuming you agree to attend in your ACE shirt :-)

---

From: Takahashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:21:40 +0900

Hi, Craig and Ole,
very interesting idea. I will check how many dead companies I
have. In cluding Interop Company, Proteon, Tokyo Internert...
etc.

But I am afraid there are so many companies still living.

Toru Takahashi

In message <[email-masked]>
   "Re: Dead Company Day @ IETF"