Subject: Process of submitting an RFC for review...

From: "Thomas J. Hruska" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:21:13 -0400

Hello, I am the lead developer for Shining Light Productions and over the
past two years I have worked with the various RFCs covering a variety of
protocols.  As a developer, I have made several connections that include
the fact that every single protocol is very similar in nature (if not
exactly the same).

As a result of working with those RFCs, I have prepared a document that
describes a fairly simple overview of a Unified RFC Protocol that combines
and brings all of the various, "disconnected" RFCs into one framework from
which the IETF and developers can easily work from.  It preserves current
and historical (ancient) protocols and describes a framework for a general
communication protocol.

My question is this:  Where should I go and how do I start the process of
getting an official RFC created?  The document I have is a start, but will
hardly get the coverage needed for acceptance by the industry.

          Thomas J. Hruska -- [email-masked]
Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
                  http://www.shininglightpro.com/

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:51:15 -0500

On 6/26/02 at 12:21 AM -0400, Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

>My question is this:  Where should I go and how do I start the 
>process of getting an official RFC created?

You want to take a look at RFC 3160, section 6 (which can be found in 
nice HTML form at <http://www.ietf.org/tao.html#6>), and if you want 
more detailed information about the process, take a look at RFC 2026, 
starting with section 2.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <mailto:[email-masked]>
QUALCOMM Incorporated

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:30:58 +0100 (BST)

Submit it as an internet-draft, as described at www.ietf.org
(subscribe to the ietf-announce mailing list to see drafts posted.)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Thomas J. Hruska wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:21:13 -0400
> From: Thomas J. Hruska <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Process of submitting an RFC for review...
>
> -
> This message was passed through [email-masked], which
> is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
> Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.
>

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>