Subject: incomprehensible list filtering

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:37:42 +0200

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
       NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and
       "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in
       RFC 2119.

Can someone please explain to me what is happening with this list. I 
regularly see messages from self-propagating code (carefully avoiding 
the v- and w-words) here. The actual code is removed, but the message 
is passed along to the list. But the strange thing is, when I reply to 
such a message pointing out that removing the code is a good thing, but 
passing along the now de-fanged message not so much, my reply doesn't 
make it to the list. Even worse: I don't get any kind of feedback that 
my message has been filtered because it contained some bad words or 
whatever the reason was.

IMNSHO when messages to the list are rejected, the sender MUST be 
informed.

And while I have your attention: it seems the list software finds it 
necessary to reorder MIME headers such that at least some software 
doesn't recognize the S/MIME signature anymore.