Subject: Dublin Host Announced

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 01:33:35 -0500

The IAOC and the Internet Society are very pleased to announce that 
Alcatel-Lucent will be be the Host for IETF 72 in Dublin and has agreed 
to be the Welcome Reception Sponsor as well.  [www.alcatel-lucent.com]

"Alcatel-Lucent is pleased to host the 72nd meeting of the IETF in 
Dublin, Ireland.  We're committed to supporting the important work of 
the IETF on new standards as networks, services and applications all 
converge on IP." said Kevin Macaluso, VP/GM Service Router Product 
Group, Alcatel-Lucent.

Alcatel also had stepped up to host the IETF at IETF 61 in Washington DC 
in 2004, while Lucent hosted IETF 50 in Minneapolis in 2001.

We want to thank our benefactors.  The IETF cannot support its technical 
standards efforts, including the Secretariat and RFC Editor, without the 
generous support of its hosts and sponsors.

While we look forward to seeing you all in July in Dublin, we are just 
weeks away from IETF 71 in Philadelphia 9 - 14 March.  Registrations are 
open and operators are standing by (so to speak)..  Visit 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-IETF.html and join the 450 who have 
already registered.

Been thinking about hosting or sponsoring a future meeting?  The 
meetings calendar through 2013 [www.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt] 
shows some of the possibilities. Specific opportunities available 
include IETF 74 in North America in March 2009.  Just send Terry Monroe 
an email at [email-masked] and he can walk you through the opportunity. 

Thanks again Alcatel-Lucent!  We couldn't do it without you.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf