Subject: Last Call Expired: draft-carpenter-rfc2026-changes

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:06:34 -0500

The recent IETF Last Call for draft-carpenter-rfc2026-changes has 
shown that many people active in the IETF community are wary of 
changing the IETF procedures without a very thorough discussion. Yet, 
the POISED WG and the NEWTRK WG efforts showed that it is indeed 
difficult to craft new procedures and then obtain IETF consensus for 
them. While there does not appear to be consensus to adopt all of the 
changes in draft-carpenter-rfc2026-changes, there does appear to be 
support for some of the changes.

I have scheduled the PUFI BOF for IETF 71 to determine which of the 
proposed changes have broad community support. The intent is to 
generate a document that can be easily approved as an update to RFC 
2026 that contains only the proposed changes with broad community support.

Russ Housley
General Area Director

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf