Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: IAB Selection Announcement

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:44:40 -0800

Folks,

The nomcom has finished the IAB member selection process.  The ISOC 
Board of Trustees has confirmed the nomcom's selection of the following 
individuals for a two-year term as IAB members.

Gonzalo Camarillo
Stuart Cheshire
Olaf Kolkman
Gregory Lebovitz
Andy Malis
David Oran

The nomcom reviewed the IAB's requirements, nominees' questionnaire 
responses and community feedback on the nominees, and after careful 
deliberations, and some interviews, selected the candidates.  We thank 
all the nominees who agreed to be considered for the position.  We 
understand that the nomcom process takes a long time and we appreciate 
everyone's patience from the nominations to selections phase.

About Gonzalo:

Gonzalo Camarillo is the head of the Multimedia Research Laboratory in 
Ericsson Finland.  He is the IETF liaison manager to 3GPP and currently 
cochairs the SIPPING and HIP working groups. His research interests 
include signaling, multimedia applications, transport protocols, and 
networking architectures.  He has authored a number of RFCs, books, and 
papers on these areas. Gonzalo received M.Sc. degrees in electrical 
engineering from the Stockholm (Sweden) Royal Institute of Technology 
and from Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (Spain).  He is originally 
from Spain.

About Stuart:

Stuart Cheshire is currently a Senior Scientist with Apple Computer, 
Cupertino, CA, specializing in Internet Protocols. He previously worked 
on IBM Token Ring with Madge Networks, Little Chalfont, U.K.  He has 
previously published papers in the areas of wireless and networking, and 
Mobile IP.

Stuart is the architect of Apple's "Bonjour" family of technologies, 
including Multicast DNS, DNS-based Service Discovery, etc., co-chair of 
the ZEROCONF working group and author of several RFCs.

Stuart received the B.A. and M.A. degrees from Sidney Sussex College, 
Cambridge, U.K., in June 1989 and June 1992, and the M.Sc. and Ph.D. 
degrees from Stanford University, Stanford, CA, in June 1996 and April 1998.

About Olaf:

  Olaf Kolkman was born and raised in the Netherlands. He was trained as 
an astronomer but his interest in Internet technology took hold of his 
career path around 1996. He joined the RIPE NCC around 1997 where he got 
involved in the test-traffic project. That project brought him in 
contact with the IETF and he attended his first meeting in Munich.

After acting as operations manager for a while he became systems 
architect, responsible for DNSSEC deployment at the NCC, in 2000.

 From that time on he has been active in the DNS community for instance 
as co-chair of the DNSEXT working group. In 2005 he joined NLnet Labs, a 
R&D foundation, as chief executive. He is an IAB member since March 2006.

About Gregory:

Gregory Lebovitz is Sr. Technical Director and Solutions Architect for 
the Security Products Group of Juniper Networks. He leads both advanced 
technology development initiatives as well as Enterprise Solutions 
Engineering. Prior to it's acquisition by Juniper, Gregory worked in the 
office of the CTO at NetScreen Technologies. He has been with 
Juniper/NetScreen for over nine years, almost since NetScreen's inception.

He has been an active contributor to the IETF for several years, having 
been an RFC author, working group chair (PKI4IPSEC), and Security Area 
Directorate member; contributed to IAB's "Unwanted Traffic Workshop" in 
2006.

Gregory graduated from UC Santa Cruz, with a double major in Economics 
(w/ Honors) and Psychology; he received the Dean's Award for Outstanding 
Research in Economics.

About Andy:

Andy is currently Principal Member of the Technical Staff, Packet 
Network Architecture at Verizon Communications.  He has been active in 
wide-area data networking and telecommunications for over 30 years, 
beginning with the ARPANET (he wrote IMP code and supported network 
operations; of special mention is his work in managing the cutover from 
NCP to TCP in the network). He has held senior engineering positions at 
Bolt, Beranek, and Newman; Ascom Nexion; Cascade Communications; Ascend
Communications; Lucent Technologies; Vivace Networks; and Tellabs.  Andy 
has been to just about every IETF meeting since IETF 19 in Boulder, CO, 
chaired several working groups including iplpdn, ipatm, and frnetmib, 
and authored numerous RFCs starting from RFC 802 to RFC 4901.  In 
addition he holds senior leadership positions in various other standards 
organizations.

Andy received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and 
Applied Mathematics from Brown University, and a Master of Science 
degree, also in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, from Harvard 
University.

About David:

David Oran is a Fellow at Cisco Systems. His technical interests lie in 
the areas of Quality of Service, Internet multimedia, routing, and 
security. He was part of the original team that started Cisco's Voice- 
over-IP business in 1996 and worked on a number of aspects, including 
the development SIP, and SRTP. He is currently working on architectures 
for next-generation IP-based video delivery over broadband access 
networks. Prior to joining Cisco, Dave worked in the network 
architecture group at Digital Equipment, where he designed routing 
algorithms and a distributed directory system. He currently serves as 
co-chair of the IETF SPEECHSC working group in addition to his IAB 
duties. He is a board member of the SIP Forum and also serves on the 
technical advisory boards of a number of venture-backed firms in the 
networking and telecommunication sectors. Dave has a B.A. in English 
from Haverford College.

Many thanks to Gonzalo, Stuart, Olaf, Gregory, Andy, and David for 
agreeing to serve as IAB members for the next two years.

best regards,
Lakshminath
Nomcom 2007-8 Chair
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf