Subject: Nomcom 2007-8: IESG Selection Announcement

From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:17:48 -0800

Folks,

The nomcom has finished the IESG member selection process and the IAB 
has confirmed the following individuals for a two-year term as IESG 
members.

Lisa Dusseault, Applications Area
Jari Arkko, Internet Area
Dan Romascanu, Operations and Management Area
Cullen Jennings, Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area
Ross Callon, Routing Area
Pasi Eronen, Security Area
Magnus Westerlund, Transport Area

The nomcom thanks them for agreeing to serve as area directors until the 
first IETF meeting in 2010.

The nomcom reviewed the IESG's requirements, nominees' questionnaire 
responses and community feedback on the nominees, and after careful 
deliberations, and some interviews, selected the candidates.  In the 
security area, the IESG's posted requirements and the nomcom's 
understanding of the community's consensus requirements were different 
and our selections were according to the community's consensus 
requirements for the position.

The nomcom also thanks all the nominees who agreed to be considered for 
the different positions.  We understand that the nomcom process takes a 
long time and we appreciate everyone's patience from the nominations to 
selections phase.

Short biographies of the selected IESG members are as follows:

Lisa Dusseault has been involved in Internet protocol design since 1994 
and in standardization since 1997. Her primary interests are in 
collaborative software, including Calendaring, Instant Messaging, and 
shared authoring. She has served as co-chair of the IMAP Extensions, 
Calendar Simplifications, WebDAV and XMPP Working Groups. Lisa is the 
author of the standard book on WebDAV, "WebDAV: Next-Generation 
Collaborative Web Authoring" (Prentice Hall, 2003). She has been serving 
as IETF Applications Area Director since March 2006.  Lisa holds a BASc 
in Systems Design Engineering from the University of Waterloo, Ontario, 
Canada.

Jari Arkko is an Expert at Ericsson Research NomadicLab in Jorvas, 
Finland. He has been an active participant at the IETF since 1996, 
working in the areas of mobility protocols, security mechanisms, and 
various IP layer issues. He has co-chaired the EAP, MOBIKE, and EMU 
working groups, and has been serving as an Area Director for the 
Internet Area since March 2006. His research interests include Internet 
architecture, deployable security mechanisms and efficient mobility. In 
his day job, Jari has worked in the implementation of various software 
and communication systems, including network access servers, VPN 
devices, testing tools, databases, and compilers. He received his 
Licentiate's degree from Helsinki University of Technology in 1996.

Dan Romascanu is Director for External Standards in the CTO organization 
at Avaya.  Dan holds a BA and M.Sc. degrees from the Polytechnic 
Institute of Bucharest, Faculty of Automation and Computer Engineering. 
  Don has been serving as an Area Director for the Operations and 
Management Area since March 2006.  He has been an active contributor to 
IEEE and IETF standards for more than a decade.

Cullen Jennings is a Distinguished Engineer in the Voice Technology 
Group at Cisco where he focuses on voice and video communication 
systems, security, and NAT traversal. He is an active contributor to 
several open source projects including resiprocate.org. He is an author 
of Practical VoIP, published by O'Reilly and is a frequent speaker at 
major Voice and Security Conferences.  Cullen has been serving as the 
Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Director since 2006.

Ross Callon is a Distinguished Engineer at Juniper Networks. He has been 
serving as the Routing Area Director since 2006.  He was previously on 
the IESG between 1989 and 1991.  In between, he has been co-chair of 
several IETF working groups and has authored and co-authored several 
RFCs.  Ross has a B.Sc. in Mathematics from MIT (1973), and an M.Sc. in 
Operations Research from Stanford (1977).

Pasi is currently a Member of Research Staff at the Internet Laboratory 
in Nokia Research Center. He has been an active contributor to the IETF 
for several years, having been a co-author in ten RFCs, working group 
co-chair (TLS), working group secretary (MOBIKE), tools developer (Daily 
Dose of IETF), and member of General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) and 
Security Directorate.  Pasi has a Master's degree in Computer Science 
from Helsinki University of Technology, and has published a number of 
papers in the area of network security.

Magnus Westerlund is a researcher at Ericsson Research in Stockholm, 
Sweden. Magnus has worked on a number of projects related to real-time 
media transport and application signaling. He has been active in IETF 
since 2000 and served as Audio/Video Transport (AVT) working group chair 
for 3 years before becoming Transport Area Director and chair of the 
transport working group (TSVWG). Magnus has a Master of Science in 
Computer Science from Luleå University of Technology.

best regards,
Lakshminath
Nomcom 2007-8 Chair
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf