Subject: Re: missing drafts

From: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:41:15 -0500

Andy,

You need to report these things to [email-masked].

Apparently there were some issues immediately after the cut-over 
through part of Friday, 1 February.  Based on reports received at 
the time AMS addressed the issues, at least there have not been any 
reports since last Friday.

The advice is to resubmit your drafts.  Unfortunately, anything 
that has not appeared by now is not present and can not be 
recovered.

Jim

-- On Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:00 AM -0800 Andy Bierman 
<[email-masked]> wrote regarding missing drafts --

> Hi,
>
> Several drafts posted on the morning of Feb. 1 are returning '404
> not found' errors.  These 5 were posted in sequence, at 10:36 AM
> PT:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bjorklund-netconf-yang-
> 01.txt
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-ers-scvp-06.
> txt
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badra-ecdhe-tls-psk-03.
> txt
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-generic-notif
> ication-message-03.txt
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-config-fra
> mework-15.txt
>
>
> Any others?
>
> thanks,
> Andy
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:20:48 +0100

Hi,

This mail is directed to the authors of the 5 drafts which unhappily
were lost during the submission process, before being placed in the
internet-drafts archive.

You need to re-submit the draft; but please don't do this until the
database situation has been straightened out.  If you try to do it
right now, the submission tool will reject the re-submission because
it thinks the version in question has already been submitted....

If you have already submitted your draft with a new version number,
we really need to clean up the database *and* correct the draft so
that it shows the right revision -- we'll get back to you on the best
way of doing that.

(Although it's not strictly speaking my job to intervene here, I'm
part of the people doing the transition testing, and also one of the
authors of one of the offending drafts, and I just discovered the
problems with just re-submitting the way Jim described below.  And
since right now it's night-time for Jim and Glen and the AMS folks,
I choose to send this out to prevent the situation from becoming
even more messy by more people re-submitting wrongly numbered drafts...)

	Henrik

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:29:51 -0500

At 11:20 +0100 2/7/08, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

I appreciate what you are doing.  I just have a question that maybe 

>were lost during the submission process, before being placed in the

I submitted two drafts that might have fallen into this crevice.  Or 
they might just be taking a long time to process.  What's the 
appropriate time out before retransmitting?

(I.e., am I one of the 5?  Is it known there are only 5?)

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

Mail archives, backups.  Sometimes I think the true beneficiaries of
standards work are the suppliers of disk drives.
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 00:24:39 +0100

Hi Edward,

> appropriate time out before retransmitting?

1 day, I'd say, for manual (email) submission.  1 second for automated
submission (through the web submission tool).

> (I.e., am I one of the 5?  Is it known there are only 5?)

It is not known that there are only 5.  I did sample the id-announcement
list around the known 5, without finding additional examples of announced
drafts which are not in the archives, but that's not really conclusive.

If your drafts have still not appeared in the drafts archive, I'd suggest
sending a note to ietf-action, giving the names of your drafts, and
requesting information about their posting (or not) to the archives.
Cc: me if you like.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Mohamad Badra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:04:17 +0100

Dear Henrik,

Since draft-badra-tls-ecdhe-psk has been adopted as a WG document, I 
think there is no need to re-submit the 03 version.

Actually, it is available at: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-00.txt

Best regards,
Badra

Henrik Levkowetz a écrit :
>> through part of Friday, 1 February.  Based on reports received at the 
>> time AMS addressed the issues, at least there have not been any 
>> The advice is to resubmit your drafts.  Unfortunately, anything that 
>> has not appeared by now is not present and can not be recovered.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>>
>>
>>