Subject: Update to the IPv4 Registry¹s Format and Content

From: Leo Vegoda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:25:17 -0800

This message has been sent to several lists. I apologise for duplicates.

IANA has improved the format for the IPv4 Address Space registry. At the
same time, the entries that were marked ³Various Registries² have been
replaced with references to the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) that
provides WHOIS and reverse DNS service for that /8 allocation.

If you want to machine-process the IPv4 registry, the new fields are:

*     Prefix
*     Designation
*     Date
*     Whois
*     Status
*     Note

where the Date will always be of the form ³YYYY-MM² and the status has the
following possible values:

            RESERVED, LEGACY, ALLOCATED and UNALLOCATED

/8 allocations that contain legacy assignments in them that are now managed
by the RIRs have the text ³Administered by² in the Designation column.
Legacy assignments refer to IP address allocations made before the RIR
system was established.

Reserved address space held by IANA does not have a date listed.

The registry can be found at:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

If you have questions about the structure of the new format, please send
e-mail to [email-masked].

Kind regards,

Leo Vegoda
Manager, Number Resources - IANA

_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf