Subject: [lemonade] Proposed OMA liaison response

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:13:11 -0400

Folks,

As indicated today, we will be sending a liaison response to the OMA on
Friday.

There will be two pieces:
   1. the cover letter I have pasted below
   2. the preliminary analysis as posted earlier this week and modified
as presented today by Greg

Please send us comments by 5pm CET (11am ET) Friday.

Cheers,
Glenn.

To: OMA MWG MEM Sub Working Group
From: IETF LEMONADE Working Group
Date: August 6, 2005
Subject: Regarding the OMA Mobile Email Requirements Document (RD)
Purpose:  For Action
Deadline:  August 31, 2005

The LEMONADE working group (WG) would like to thank the OMA Mobile Email
Sub Working Group for sharing the current version of the Mobile Email
Requirements document.  This has been made available to the LEMONADE
participants on our supplemental website.

We have attached a preliminary response to each of the Mobile Email
requirements that are in the unapproved version of the RD you sent to
us.  We indicate the likely IETF mechanism (if applicable) to solve each
of the requirements.  Note that this is our initial reaction and we
would prefer a detailed discussion to ensure comprehension.

We would like to draw your attention to the fact that LEMONADE is
currently wrapping up the first phase of its work.  This means that
final IETF review is currently underway and that publication of LEMONADE
Phase 1 as RFCs is likely before year end.

The IETF LEMONADE WG is working on the mobile email topic and we believe
our work to enhance Internet Mail is relevant to your requirements.
However, our charter is specific on what aspects we are working on.  The
WG is determining if it can cover all of the relevant OMA requirements
that affect Internet protocols under its current charter - or if the
charter needs to be updated - or if the another new or existing WG needs
to be involved.  In either case, any Internet mail enhancements required
will be covered under what we are terming LEMONADE Phase 2.

LEMONADE Phase 2 is currently in the goals/requirements stage.  This
would probably last until our next meeting.  The timeline would likely
result in protocol proposals being accepted as WG documents later this
year with review and conclusion later in 2006.

Up-to-date information on LEMONADE Internet-Drafts and RFCs can always
be found at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/lemonade-charter.html with
more detail tracked on the supplemental site.

Finally, as IETF is not a member organization (all participants are
individuals and membership is not a prerequisite to attending IETF
meetings), we would appreciate OMA considering a joint session (OMA
workshop / IETF interim) with IETF LEMONADE this fall (we suggest the
last week of September) to discuss collaboration on the mobile email
work.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade